A random post full of random thoughts and tidbits....
We LOVE LOVE LOVE these books.
There is this one and one other out and a 3rd one being released this month. We can't wait. They are cute and funny books full of rhyme and repetition for your preschooler. And we even use some of the sayings in our day to day living - like "That's quite enough Llama Drama!". Love Them!!!
We're also pretty keen on these for your young chapter book reader.
Although we've only read one, we've already taken a dive into the second and are anxiously awaiting tomorrow's reading time to see what happens. Although there may be the occassional term that I am personally not fond of, the stories are great for young readers and keep them wanting to come back for more!
Now - another love right now is www.picnik.com. I tried really hard to use Picasa and to like it. But I almost think it might be too much. More to my satisfaction though, is that picnik has no download required. I can upload 1 or 10 pictures, play with them, then save them back to my computer. The other day while I was uploading pix from 2007, I came across a photo I knew would be great to take to black and white then pop a little color back into . What do you think?
Going in a complete different direction...As I served dinner tonight to somewhere between 120 and 150 youth in middle and high school I became extremely disappointed. Our church feeds this many youth every week. Normally, they get pizza, salad, dessert and a drink. Occassionally, we change things up in the kitchen doing things like T-giving dinner and like tonight when we provided lasagna with the standard side. Not only did we change up dinner, we also swapped their typical lemonade and water with a sports drink which was generously donated to our church. So - do you think they kids were excited over the new menu items. No - rather more often than not we heard "I don't like lasagna" or "this drink tastes discusting". All I could think of were the hundreds of thousands of hungry kids out there who would make that cup of orange drink last a week and be grateful or would take the plate of lasagna and feed their whole family with it. And here before us, in our church, were a bunch of unappreciative kids who are too spoiled to see that our church is feeding them for free and good food at that! Ahhhhhh.... The redeeming part was the kids who were appreciative and did say thanks and I really do think appreciate what the church does each week. I cannot thank the youth leaders and coordinators of this ministry enough for the time and effort they put into, what I'll now call, the teen mission field! Thank you leaders and helpers and coordinators and all those who bake and serve these kids each week.
Told you things would be a bit random tonight, but thanks for peeking and reading through! Have a blessed day, evening, weekend, rest of the week, etc!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Spilling of Thoughts
Posted by Katy at 9:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Great minds think alike! I can't wait for the new llama book to come out this month.
Those llama books are great! We really enjoy them as well! B loves it when we tell her "That's enough llama drama!" Great picture of Mikael!
Post a Comment