Monday, March 30, 2009

Our Family version of Man of La Mancha

As one drives to my parents house, the telltale sign that you are near is the windmills seen for miles on either side of the highway. We're talking windmill upon windmill upon windmill. And each time we have traveled to and fro over the last year, we have promised our kids that "sometime" we'll go off the beaten path to get close to these monstrous energy producing modern marvels. So, this time we did. We went chasing windmills!!



Not only did we go off the beaten path, otherwise known as I-35, onto a small county highway, we actually then turned off onto a gravel road which led us to a dirt (MUD) access road to the wind turbines. And since I drive a 4x4, we proceeded with no fear!


We were literally able to sit at the bottom of one of these turbines and experience the sounds and sights of the blades spinning right above our heads.



Here's hoping that men in black trucks with tinted windows don't come after us following this confession of close encounters of the turbine kind.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Hi, Katy! In answer to your question in your comment about the sleep number bed: we actually have one at home and absolutely LOVE it!!! We've had a couple minor problems with the pump lately, but nothing that would make us wish we had purchased something else. I woke up with severe back pain for years and now do not! The bed is totally amazing!! I highly recommend them (if you couldn't tell *grin*)

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

what fun! and I have a question - what kind of dog is in your profile picture?