Friday, September 25, 2009

A Parade in Honor of our Kids...

I have to give our small midwest town credit in that they are very community minded. Each year, we have a parade, in Sept, honoring the youth of our community. Kids march, walk, ride bikes and scooters, make floats, the bands march, the boy scouts and girl scout groups are there and the kid clubs from all around the county participate. Kiwanis coordinate and organize the whole thing and make it even better with a pancake tent and all day events. Here are some pix of the kids in the parade this year....















The best part about this year is that I actually got to watch!!! Normally I am driving for a float or riding on a float or the likes. This year, I got to watch and see my kids IN the parade and take all the pictures I wanted to!! Ahhhh - how sweet it was!

0 comments: