The story of this elephant is just so cool....
I would tell you all about it, but I want to know if any of you can guess where it is. Without looking it up of course. Or more importantly, does anyone KNOW where it is? She is a national historic landmark you know?!?!?
She has been rebuilt over the years - and moved - and literally saved from the wrecking ball. And not in that order....

These shots were taken inside. Yes - inside the elephant and up quite a set of twisting winding wooden steps.
And these.....




From on TOP! That's right - look at the first picture - and we crawled all the way up on her back. Up more winding, narrow, twisting stairs. And back down them too!!!
And someone has even painted her on their water tower. 
She's a landmark I tell you - and has a story that is worth reading about. And a visit that is worth taking!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Lucy the Margate Elephant...
Posted by Katy at 8:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment