What makes home, home? The details. You know....the dog that meets you at the door each day....that comfy chair....those familar sights and sounds....your bed and pillow. The details. The small things. That's why I am trying to take the time to create rooms for the kids that have details that they will remember.
For example...remember this post? The detail that went into the music made this her room. As did the specific piece of music that is framed and hangs over her bed.
Well, last night I put this up in the boys' room.
For some reason - I thought of my boys when I saw it. They do get up and hit the floor running with energy abound such that they could move mountains, or so it would seem. And although our 7 yr old is still trying to figure out the deeper meaning of this statement, it will be on of those deatails that will make this room, his room!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
In the details....
Posted by Katy at 1:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
cool!
oh i love that!
is it an actual plaque or just applique letters?
Post a Comment